Monday, May 31, 2010

Why I Like Bob Hope: A guest post from my ten year-old brother!

My ten year-old brother was more than a little angry with me, for not posting ANYTHING on Bob Hope's birthday (Saturday). I did in fact post something to Twitter AND Tumblr, but that just wasn't good enough for him! Haha!

My brother wanted to express his own adoration for Sir Robert Hope, so we made a little interview/video post. It was quickly made, so it's not the best quality, and the camera shakes at times, because I was laughing. James unexpectedly decided to use his "pretentious" voice/eyebrow raise in this video...and I can't help but laugh.

And BTW, those Bob Hope movies stacked on his windowsill-- THOSE ARE MINE. Sheesh! ;-D

Okay, really, we are just a couple of dorks....enjoy! ;-D



8 comments:

Matthew Coniam said...

Excellent! I agree that Bob has a cool nose. Road to Morocco was my first Hope movie too. I recommend The Cat & the Canary.
One question: There's a black and white picture of a man on the wall behind your bro, above and to the right of what looks like two pictures of a white dog - in the long shots it looks like Samuel Beckett, but Junior has his hand over it when he shows us the close-up of the Bob Hope stamps. Who is it?

Millie said...

He really does have a fascinating nose!

CAT AND THE CANARY IS COMING OUT ON DVD FOR THE FIRST TIME (in the US) NEXT WEEK! I am sooooo excited!

Sorry to disappoint you...it's your absolute favorite....James Dean! ;-D

Raquelle said...

OMG! There is hope for the future if a 10 year old thinks Bob Hope is better than Spongebob. :-)

This was very cute.

Sarah said...

CUTEST THING EVER, I DON'T EVEN CARE IF HE'LL BE MAD

o m g so adorable.

hana-bi. said...

Omg your brother is so hilarious and cute!

You're so lucky your brother is into old movies - my brother's watched like, five (African Queen, It Happened One Night, and a few Hitchcocks) when I forced him to. ;D

Jacqueline T Lynch said...

I loved this. James is an excellent film reviewer. I especially liked his drawing comparisons to both "Bobs", Sir Bob, and Sponge Bob. That was brilliant.

Dick Cavett had better start worrying. He can be replaced. James is in the wings.

Shannon said...

I will never forget when I joked about a "Bob Hope Latte".
I learned some jokes are not funny to James.

Millie said...

I think you partially ruined his life...;-D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin